Game 76 - Central Florida at South Florida

January 20 at Sun Dome in Tampa, FL
ESPNNEWS

I'm just going to be completely honest, it was not pleasant watching South Florida play basketball. I understand they've had some injuries and weren't very good (9-23) last year either, but it may be time to boycott USF games until they learn to shoot.

If I wanted to watch someone shoot poorly for 40 minutes and need 11 timeouts to catch their (his) breath, I would've videotaped my game last month against my brother-in-law (7-6 loss). 

Looking at the final box it looks like USF shot 32 percent from the field, though it seemed much lower. If I had to guess the Bulls' brick percentage (B%), I'd go with 86%.

Anyway, despite all of that, Central Florida still couldn't put the game away.

The Golden Knights had a 14-point lead at the 12-minute mark, but USF pulled to within 52-48 late. A.J. Davis was excellent in the second half, scoring 20 of his 22 points in the Knights' 64-54 win.

* UCF got 34 points from its bench, 12 of which came from Chance McSpadden, the newest member of the Scoochie Smith All Stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment