Game 77 - Saint Peter's women at Manhattan

January 21 at Draddy Gymnasium in Riverdale, NY
espn3.com

Heard a few things I have some questions about during the broadcast of this 64-47 Manhattan win.

1. "assist-maker"

No one is making assists. It's not an apple pie.

A few other options: assist accumulator, assist collector, or my current favorite: assist enthusiast.

2. "the old adage in sports - offense sells tickets, defense wins championships"

I've heard the defense part so often I openly root for defense to lose championships. The offense part I guess I've heard a few times, but the two together? It sounds more like two separate adages brought together to form a brand-new adage.

3. "you can't teach 6-4" (said twice)

But what if you could?

What if you could teach someone to stand six feet, four inches?

Then we'd inevitably have people teaching 6-5, and 6-6.

I'd want to get into coaching and start teaching 4-7.

4. "Draddy Gymnasium"

After a bit of research I learned it's named after Manhattan alumnus Vincent dePaul Draddy, but it's still a horrible name for anything.

And they really missed out on calling it Vinnie Gym.

No comments:

Post a Comment